Sunday 8 August 2010

Scrap Metal Battle Boat

Sassy B rather recently got T2 battleship guns, this is something I was TOTALLY JEALOUS OF, so I've been training for them myself. Just eleven days to go \o/. My impatience has led me to roam this weekend in a cheap tempest with 300k isk named guns. All in all I lost about 20mil after insurance, when it exploded a few hours ago. I TOTALLY GOT MY ISKS WORTH!


FIRST BLUD!!!

Newly fit up I jump into Floseswin, I warped to the Uisper gate and when I land the gate flashes, so I decide to see what arrives. An Arazu appears and then cloaks up 15k from me. A Wolf class space boat then de cloaks and tackles me. I lock it up and hold my aggro waiting for the Arazu which I intended to primary. Then the Arazu de cloaks and attacks 10K FROM ME!!! lol wat. I then turn my gaze to the Wolf, who had kindly started moving to 13k TO BE IN HIS SMALL ARTY OPTIMAL??? needless to say that was somewhat a better distance for me to track him at.


MIGHTY GALLANTA BATTALKRUISER!!!

Satisfied that my pest had already earned its keep. I head out a little later towards Ezsur. Upon arriving in Ezsur I'm promptly tackled by a Myrm. I DECIDE TO MAKE BATTAL. The Myrm is orbiting me close and has me webbed and scrammed, and I'm having a rather hard time tracking him. But first things first, an opportunist AMARR KRIMINAL had landed in a Rupture and targeted me. I fire a couple of Volleys at him stripping his shield, and he obviously gets the hell out or Ezsur.

My Neuts are on the Myrm, and he's dropping my armour at a steady pace, while my guns are scratching at his armour which is repped up quickly, I'm patient, and eventually my neuting starts to show, he loses point and web, I gain a few clicks and my guns start to track better before he gets his scram/web back on. Then he loses scram/web again, now I'm at 4k, hitting him harder as my own armour dips below 20%. Then Again, I'm at 11k now, at this point I'm just about to trickle into Hull, but this fight is now going to be over quick. The Myrm's hull shatters. And The Tempest holds the field

GF GF


SUPER HAPPY FUN HADOZEKO

Sassy had an unfit Armageddon hull sitting in Egmar. So I offer to scout it back to Ardar in my Tempest. Upon jumping into Hadozeko, I, in a COMPLETLY PRO miss click then warp to the wrong gate. After landing on the Resbroko gate I proceed to sit confused and motionless in space, trying to figure out how I could possibly be getting the Resbroko gate on d-scan from the Klogori gate. After about a minute of being completely baffled by my own mistake, A HULK. I repeat A HULK, uncloaks 15k off me. I stare at it in wonderment on my overview for a few seconds, it doesn't appear to be doing anything....OMG WHAT AM I DOING STARING AT IT, TARGET TARGET. I then proceed to violence it.

So now I have GCC in Hadozeko, WHAT AN AWESOME SCOUT I AM! An intel channel then lights up, seems a Battlecruiser heavy Black Rabbits gang is in Ardar, with a Phobos and some AF's.

A Harpy appears on D-scan, a very obvious rabbits Harpy. Its in a belt near the Ardar Gate. I warp in at range and the rabbits Harpy heads towards me, then my overview fills with Rabbits about 50k off, PERFECT. Fair well little Harpy, your hull looked so happy and unassuming yet JUSTICE MUST PROVAIL. I warp out after the kill as the rest of the rabbits were approaching point range, and a plated battleship isn't the ideal boat for 1 v many nano antics.


FALCON, FALCON, FALCON, FALCON.............INSURANCE.

I'm not even sure I have to say a lot about a solo loss with four Falcons on it really, hardly a battle and needless to say my Tempest is now in VALHALLA.


After today I've decided that battleships are clearly very fun solo boats, and I am now totally looking forward to T2 large AC's.

7 comments:

  1. they are fun! gets expensive fast though when things go wrong :/

    Have you tried the mighty boat-of-endless-fits Phoon yet? it does like... /everything/

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!

    Bloody falcons =S

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite a large black ops gang for one ship, although to be fair it was a MIGHTY JUSTICE VESSEL being flown by a CRACK JUSTICE AVENGER SPACE PILOT, so I guess they didn't want to take any chances and only bring 3 falcons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Helicity - I've bought a phoon but its currently sitting unfit in my hanger.

    @Steve - personally I'm a little offended they only brought 4 Falcons. DID THEY NOT KNOW I HAD ECCM....oh wait eccm is rubbish and still gets you jammed by hornets :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempest is one of my absolute favorites, thou the shielfit version is quickly climbing up my favorite list quickly. Somthing like the nanocane just a lill bit meaner. Good write as usuall lady

    ReplyDelete
  6. wickid, i must have missed this post, reading it now makes me want to do bad stuff to stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your writing style, too much serious typingz around anyways, including my own.

    Can't get the title of your blog out of my head either, it's _magic_! Thinking of naming a symphony after it.

    ReplyDelete